Tuesday 2 October 2012

Tentacle Concept Art

This week’s brief is to design and produce a finished concept piece of an imagined creature with tentacles. The first stage of this is to produce a moodboard based around our desired theme.   
I looked at many themes and genres based around tentacles; from the mechanical designs of the Matrix Sentinel, to the comic book stylings of Shuma Gorath. However I am liking the idea of merging tentacles with humans; an example of this is Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm going to look into the idea of a tentacle mutant design.



To start off my idea stage, I wanted to produce some studies on tentacles to get a grasp on how they work, texture, anatomy, etc. These are what I came out with:

    




After receiving experience on tentacle structure, I designed this character and pose for my tentacle mutant to be presented in.  


I then changed things up a bit and came up with my final composition. (However still might make slight changes during production of the final piece)


Final Piece:
I really like how this piece turned out, i think i could have improved lighting however.

No comments:

Post a Comment